Ready for the bus stop. Minus 5 degrees!

Promises, Promises

Thursday morning approaches with sub-zero temperatures again.  Since we didn’t get the road plowed all of the slush turned to ice.  I had asked Hubby to drive me to the bus stop since I knew I couldn’t navigate downhill on ice.  He agreed. Wow, what a relief! That feeling of relief lasted about 30 seconds. He said we were leaving now. But our daughter was still in bed. I thought I would warm up the truck and he would drop her at the neighbors’ who would take the kids to their bus stop and he would drive me to mine. NO. He drove me down to the end of the driveway, got out and walked back up the hill. My hero. The truck wasn’t even defrosted yet.


I haven’t warmed up the truck enough!

Baby It’s Cold Outside

I drove down the snow and ice covered main road at five miles per hour hoping I could still catch the 6:51 bus.  I finally made it to the park and ride at 6:52.  I was hoping the bus would be late so I go stand in the frigid cold waiting for it.  When my toes got numb, I figured that I missed it.  So I go back and sit in my truck to wait for the 7:10.  I was running the heater trying to get the feeling back in my toes.  I hobbled out of the car at 7:07 so I wouldn’t miss the 7:10.  By 7:15 my toes felt like they actually snapped off my feet and were rolling around in my shoes.  I went back to the car.  As I started up the heat, I noticed the 7:10 zoom by at 7:17.  After a few choice words, I decided that I had no choice but to wait for the 7:28 which my neighbor drives.  And I can always count on him coming at 7:35.  So I get out of the car at 7:28 in case he is on time.  As always, he came at 7:35.  I got on the bus, shaking uncontrollably from the cold.  I thought I was having a convulsion.  I didn’t stop shaking until noon.


Ah, a Hot Dinner

What a long day.  I was ready for bed before dinner.  But managed to throw together some spaghetti, eat, and clean up the kitchen before collapsing with total exhaustion.  Sweetie came into my room and said that she felt sick and that her stomach hurt.  I asked her if she thought she had to throw up.  She said no.  So gave her a hot water bottle for her stomach and went back to bed.  She woke me up again saying that her stomach hurt and maybe she had to throw up.  We went into the bathroom and waited awhile before she said the feeling had passed.


Throw Up, Throw Out!

I told her just to sleep in my bed since it was closer to the bathroom if her stomach started bothering her again. Next time, I’ll remember to put a bucket by her.  I finally got back to sleep when Sweetie sat bolt upright and proceeded to vomit all over the floor and the wall next to the bed.  Did I mention we had spaghetti for dinner? I tossed her in the bathroom, held her hair and hoped for the best.  When she calmed down a bit, I made her a bed on the bathroom floor so I could clean the bedroom floor.  Wouldn’t you know my brand new carpet cleaner didn’t work. While I was looking it over to figure out what could be wrong, I noticed a sticker on it. “REFURBISHED”. That was a gift, Hubby can’t give me anything new, I felt like hurling it down the driveway, but Hubby probably would have made me tow it back up with the truck while he was riding it! Besides there was enough hurling going on. I have spaghetti hurled all over the place and a sick little girl to take care of.


I screamed for Hubby to help.  He cleaned up the mess by hand while I helped Sweetie who was now barfing into the toilet for a change. She slept peacefully the rest of the night on my bathroom floor while I slept fitfully with one eye open to check on her all night.  I fully intended to keep her home from school Friday.  But she woke up feeling great.


The Winter of My Incontinence

I woke up feeling queasy.  Oh great, now I’ve got it.  Since I hadn’t eaten yet, the bug decided to work its way out another way.  So, after an hour in the bathroom and three Immodium AD tablets later, I felt well enough to salt the driveway and head up to the neighbors to take the kids to school.  I got up the hill with some trouble, but I managed to get there.  I put her kid in the car, made sure everyone was buckled in and headed downhill.  Since it had been above freezing and I salted several times I figured that I wouldn’t have any trouble.  Well I hit a patch of ice and was sliding all over the place and heading for a tree. This is the winter of my incontinence.  If those three Immodiums hadn’t kicked in, I would have pooped my pants right then and there!  I told the kids to be quiet and let me concentrate.  However, they decided to burst into an endless chorus of “Hit a Tree”, “Hit a Tree” as I tried to maneuver my way into the tire tracks and carefully slide down the hill. I must say that although I was a nervous wreck and fishtailed it all the way down we made it safely.


And just as we crested the last hill the school bus passed us by.

Just laugh, you knew that would happen, keep driving until you get to school.


And that, my friends is why I’m so ready for spring. I hope you enjoyed the posts. Remember to live with joy, laughter and love. Please leave your comments, likes or dislikes below. I love hearing from you. And, here’s to warmer weather!